Integrated Intelligent Sensors
- Type: Lecture (V)
KIT-Fakultäten - KIT-Fakultät für Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik - Institut für Technik der Informationsverarbeitung
KIT-Fakultäten - KIT-Fakultät für Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik
- Semester: SS 2022
11:30 - 13:00
30.10 Nachrichtentechnik-Hörsaal (NTI)
30.10 Nachrichtentechnik, Institutsgebäude (EG)
- SWS: 2
- Lv-no.: 2311630
Please inform yourself about the current event dates in the Ilias.
Integrated Intelligent Sensors (IIS)
The lecture is intended to provide students with an insight into the broad field of possible applications of intelligent sensor systems and their economic significance.Students will
- Know the most important terms and processes for the development and manufacture of integrated smart sensors and are able to evaluate them with their advantages and disadvantages.
- Are able to describe the common sensor principles.
- Are able to select appropriate methods for sensing different physical quantities using IIS.
- Know the basic processes for manufacturing microsystem sensors.
- Possess a broad understanding of the design and operation of microsystems engineering sensors.
- Possess the ability to communicate with experts in sensor technology.
- Are able to critically evaluate different processes.
In the lecture, applications of different micro techniques for sensor technologies, such as micro optics or micromechanics, are presented using current examples from industry and research. The main topics of the lecture are microsensors with integrated signal processing ("smart sensors") for applications in the automotive and manufacturing industries as well as in environmental protection and biomedical engineering
Slides for the current lecture
The lecture slides will be made available on ILIAS the day after each lecture. There you can also find the complete set of slides of the IIS VL from the last summer term.