Development of an adaptive and intelligent strategy for charging electric coaches
The electrification of coaches provide an important contribution to future sustainable mobility. However, the limited range of battery-electric buses faces bus operators with new challenges. Optimizing the energy efficiency and thus the range of the bus is becoming increasingly important and should support the electrification of long-distance mobility.
Route planning must take particular account of the existing charging infrastructure and charging times. In order to increase energy efficiency, an intelligent charging strategy is to be developed that provides recommendations regarding the trade-off between fast travelling times and required charging times.
- Literature research of the current state of the art
- Preparation of data sources of charging infrastructure
- Development of an intelligent charging strategy
- Integration of live data
- Programming skills in C/ C++ and Python/ Matlab.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning and neural networks
- Independent and solution-oriented way of working