To keep pace with Moore‘s law, semiconductor manufacturers have adopted the multicore technology after facing specific physical constraints, that prevented engineers from integrating more transistors on a chip to have more performant processors. To have a clear idea about this change, we would like to setup a benchmarking framework to simplify the adoption of multicores in industrial systems for certain applications.
In this framework it must be possible to compare different processors and asses them according to well defined parameters and dependent on a specific use case.
- Analyzing and identifying bechmarking parameters
- Implementing a set of bechmarking tests
- Comparing several platfroms (Linux, bare-metal)
- Reporting and Analysis of the benchmarking results
We are looking for
- HiWis andstudents looking for thesis (BA)
- Students of electrical engineering, computer science or similar
- Programming skills C/C++, Python, …