1958 Founding of the laboratory by Prof. K. Steinbuch
1962 The laboratory moves into the new building in Engesserstraße 5
1982 Renaming of the institute to 'Institut für Technik der Informationsverarbeitung'
1993 Prof. K. D. Müller-Glaser replaces Prof. U. Baitinger
2001 Prof. J. Becker replaces Prof. H. M. Lipp
2004 Prof. J. Becker was honoured with the State Teaching Award 2003