Nowadays there are many different methods for measuring the wind. The conventional way uses mechanical techniques. However, it is also possible to analyze the movements of air particles using an optical system. With this technique, it is possible to measure the wind in a certain distance, rather than only at the location where the sensor is positioned.
This measurement system comprises a light source, which illuminates the air particles. A camera records the spatial and the time shift of the particle movements. With image processing techniques the wind parameters can then be determined.
- literature research
- construction of a measurement system in the lab
- evaluation of measurements considering different wind parameters
- image processing optimization for the identification of particle movements
- independent and structured way of working
- motivation und engagement
- willing to confront new scientific problems
- programming skills are desirable (e.g. Matlab, Python, … )