Wind is a key parameter for the electrical industry nowadays. The measurement of wind velocity and direction with high reliability under different conditions provides not only the possibility to improve the efficiency of wind energy generation but also an increment of power transport through the electrical network using overhead line monitoring.
This Master Thesis focuses on the study of an optical system that can measure wind at a certain distance from the sensor, characteristic that differentiate this system to the anemometers already in the market, which are done for local measurements.
- Paper-Design of an optical anemometer (for this you would have the tutor support)
- Proof-of-concept: Lab implementation of a prototype, tests and validation.
- Motivation and creativity!
- Student of electrical engineering, KSOP/Europhotonics
- Optics background would be advantageous