Post-quantum cryptography is influenced by the existence and the development of quantum computers in the meantime and in the future. Many quantum algorithms run on quantum computer(s) may break existing asymmetric crypto algorithms, such as RSA, DSA, or perhaps the ECC.
Post-quantum cryptography is predicted and expected to protect from the possibility of destroying crypto algorithms which will be used in the current time and the future by quantum algorithms and quantum computers.
Indeed, the presence of post-quantum cryptography can be seen from a hardware design’s perspective as a big opportunity to blend hardware-based design with the post-quantum cryptography.
- Get to know the concept of post-quantum cryptography
- Design a post-quantum-cryptography-algorithm using RTL code or C/C++ for high level synthesis (HLS)
- Simulate with a simulator, and implement the algorithm into a platform
- Evaluate the vulnerability of the algorithm using a certain modeled quantum attack
- Student of electrical engineering or informatics
- C/C++ language programming skills
- Knowledge and basic experience in RTL coding using VHDL
- Have a strong interest in learning about hardware-based cryptography