Using open source software for safety critical systems (avionic, automotive, machinery and space) is still a big challenge for the industry. The problem is that these software projects are not implemented according to the safety standards, that regulates how to design and implement such systems.
Nevertheless Linux is still a powerful operating system offering a broad range of drivers, interfaces and features.
So the question is: Can we monitor Linux to ensure that everything is working as expected ?
Tasks and responsibilities
- Analysis of the metrics that can be monitored on Petalinux (xilinx linux)
- Analysis of the underlaying hardware monitoring possibilities (traces, counters, …)
- Design and implementation of a monitoring concept
- Test and evaluation of the implemented concept
- Embedded C/C++ programming skills
- Enthusiastic and curious operating systems hacker
- Good german/ english skills