Wind is a key parameter for the electrical industry nowadays. The measurement of wind velocity and direction with high reliability under different conditions provides not only the possibility to improve the efficiency of wind energy generation but also an increment of power transport through the electrical network using overhead line monitoring.
This Master Thesis focuses on the study of an optical system that can measure wind at a certain distance from the sensor, characteristic that differentiate this system to the anemometers already in the market, which are done for local measurements.
- Development of the concept for the optical anemometer
- Lab implementation of the idea
- Tests and validation of the concept
- Motivation and creativity!
- Student of electrical engineering, KSOP/Europhotonics
- Optics background would be advantageous