We are seeking a highly motivated student to join our research group at ITIV. The candidate must have a good background in computer system architecture, high-level simulation and benchmark development/characterization.
Virtualization Layer for Enabling Homogeneity in Heterogeneous Multiprocessor Systems-on-Chip Architectures.
One of the major challenge of today´s MPSoCs is the integration of heterogeneous processor cores and DSPs at the same time as technical complexity of the system is hidden from the programmer point of view. This holistic solution, including the manycore architecture, the tool chain as well as the virtualization layer, leads to a better acceptance, reduced development cost and faster time-to-market. This master thesis aims at giving the first steps towards a virtualization layer that will enable load balancing, energy/power reduction in a transparent way thanks to virtualization techniques investigated in this work.
- Electrical Engineering of Computer Science
- Creative, independent, team-oriented work an problem solving
- Knowledge of microprocessort architectures, hardware/software codesign
- Knowledge of C programming, assembly, compilers, UNIX based environment
- Knowledge of VHDL, design and simulation tools (ModelSim or similar)
- SystemC is a plus