Using open source software for safety critical systems (avionic, automotive, machinery and space) is still a big challenge for the industry. The problem is that these software projects are not implemented according to the safety standards (e.g. IEC61508), that regulates the design and implementation of such systems.
Nevertheless Linux is still a powerful operating system offering a broad range of drivers, interfaces and features.
How much can we rely on the linux kernel to execute all the safety critical tasks ?
Tasks and responsibilities
- State-of-the-art of linux kernel testing frameworks and methods
- Design and implementation of a test concept in accordance with the safety standards
- Test and evaluation of the implemented concept
- Analysis and interpretation of the safety and stress tests results
- Embedded C/C++ programming skills
- Enthusiastic and curious operating systems hacker
- Good german/ english skills